UNRESOLVED: Still slow rendering

Hi Malcolm,

901 (and 728, 862) are slow with my scenes, it appears to be Copy and Sweep sops that are the main culprits, though I am also getting a new “draw vertex buffer” in the performance monitor which is taking a fair amount of cycles. I’m using 169.21 drivers, 8800GS.

Any obvious ideas for me to check due to new rendering implementation ? I can dig deeper, send you performance monitor outputs and/or scenes if you want. Or, wait for rendering speed optimizations - for now back to 257, the last build to run reliably and fast for me.

Thanks,
Jeff

Can you post your .toe file again and I’ll take another look?
Thanks

Hi Malcolm,

Here’s a scene. The slow down in this one occurs when viewing select 3-9 with rightmonitor native size. In 257 it will run at 30 fps, 901 runs at 17-22 fps.

Included is .dmp file, had a crash when opening this scene from another scene.

My midi inputs are messed up in 901, moving 1 slider will move 5 others. Plus several scenes have objects only rendering white or black. I’ll try rebuilding the MIDI device mapper, plus play with shaders to see if I can get more detail on these issues. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,
Jeff
SloeBug.zip (434 KB)

Never mind about the midi input comment, I think I did something dumb . . .

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for that file. The main thing thats keeping this file slower than older builds will be fixed by the next update to the geometry rendering that I’m going to do (its basically in a intermediate phase right now).
Files like this are very useful to me, keep em coming as you run into issues.

OK, thanks, good to know. I’ll send some more as I find issues.

Jeff