[2019.17550 ; Win10 64] ramp-boolean-Tscript-group-export

Hi,
I just found the following bugs in the latest release.

1.ramp top extend left to black doesn’t work - alpha instead of black
2.boolean - it is almost impossible to find 2 simple triangle object that can work well together in boolean - smaller amount tranformation errors everywhere.
3.Tscript parameter right click copy&paste reference inside an operator - it refer to the operator name. after copying the operator it will not refer to itself: par(‘constant1/value0’)
4.group sop selected points invisible in op viewer
5.export movie dialog - the output is 2 frame less than setted

Thanks in advance,
Andras

Thanks for the reports.

1. This we can reproduce and will look into
  2. Could you post an example of this so we can see what you are doing and what your expected result is?
  3. This is not a bug, when you copy and paste a node the expression is copied exactly the same. If you want to copy and paste and have it self reference, you can change the expression to par(‘midpointx’). But please try to not use Tscript! It is deprecated and will not be getting any updates from us. Python already handles this example better by self referencing using the expression me.par.value0
  4. I can’t reproduce this. The Group SOP created groups of points but is not designed to change the display of them. Later downstream the group can be scoped by filter SOPs to only act on those points. Perhaps send us a screenshot would help understand what you are seeing.
  5. Thanks for the report, we are working on an Export Movie dialog overhaul.

The ramp extend mode bug will be fixed in the next build we post. Thanks for the report

Thank you for the replies and fixings.

1. It was possible to make these kind of boolean transformation in last year realeases.
    boolean.tox (606 Bytes)
  2. it is good to know, thank you for explaining :bulb:
  3. sometimes works, sometimes not. On the following picture the two group sop parameters are exactly the same
    group2.jpg

1)-5) Many-many thanks for that!

1. thanks for the example, have reported it to R&D

2. I’m confused as to why either of those Group SOPs show points highlighted, they should not. Since you have the bulls-eye turned on and I do not see the Entity parameter from the Group page, I can surmise that you have both Group SOPs set to Entity = Primitives, so you will not selected any points into a group.
    If you middle mouse on those OPs do they say “# of points in group”? I am assuming they refer to primitives.

For the highlighted(blue) points I turned on the ‘All’ display option to try out if it can be the solution. Sorry for confusing.
Entity was set to Primitives…my mistake - but why I have seen the selected points is even more strange.

I think maybe I found it.
If as a first step I change the entity=Points and then I turn on the Create/Bounds - the selection is not visible in the viewer. After this if I switch back the entity=Primitives and than switch back again to entity=Points - the selection becomes visible.
It something about the sequence of clicking events.

I hope it made all clear.

2019.18300 is now available.

1. Ramp extend mode fixed
  2. Export Movie dialog issues have been addressed, all frames should now be properly rendered.

Issues with the boolean SOP should be fixed in the next build we post. Thanks for the report.

do you have an ETA for a build with the boolean SOP issue fixed?

Alternatively, which was the last build where the boolean SOP still works as expected?

Thx. Latest official works fine