RESOLVED: Ctrl + Shift + S now works on locked files?

Hi, I am locking my software with a professional license, shouldn’t the ability to modify that toe be strictly prohibited?

Right now, since the 2019 spring release the ctrl + s shortcut to save, as well as the new ctrl + shift + s hotkey to save as both save the locked toe in the folder it lives, with an incremented name containing the modifications.

Is this by design? or a bug?
Thanks!

A lot of people asked for the ability to save a private .toe file, so we enabled that. Ideally it would only be through an interface the designer creates though, so likely the fact that ctrl-s works by default is a bug thuogh

Ok! good to know that’s an intended feature for when it’s desired / implemented.
Thanks for the clarification.

Hi @malcolm just returning to this, but now from the perspective of an unlocked toe - is there a way to disable ctrl+s saving in a .toe to prevent the user from saving the toe when they might have actually just reflexively hit ctrl+s to save the project they’re working on inside that toe?

Have a look through this file:

It describes how to change the application shortcuts permanently.

However, if you want to just override them for a specific toe file, try locking the DAT located in
/local/shortcuts.

Then edit any entries you need. Leave the keyboard shortcut in place, but just blank out the existing command.

Cheers,
Rob.

1 Like

wow, thanks! had no idea either of these avenues existed. Thanks @rob
I think the toe specific route is just what I need.

No problem. Let us know if it works out, its an older feature that isn’t used often.

1 Like

Alas, no luck with the lock method.
I tried locking the dat (which made it editable) then clearing the right most col removing “toewrite -s”
This didn’t work, I also tried clearing the middle col, then left col and neither of those worked either.

@drmbt on another thread mentioned sys/local. when I lock and remove entries from this one it seems to work! so I think the other one is not being referenced anymore maybe.

1 Like

Locking and blanking the entry works for me for disabling ctrl+s during Perform mode.
You’re trying to disable it during regular editing as well?

Hm, one potential workaround would be to add a couple of lines of script in a Perform DAT that manually changes that entry on startup.

1 Like

Ya I went the route of doing some custom scripting that handled setting it when going from network to perform, and resetting to default when going from perform to network so that if someone was in network mode, they could use the td hotkeys as usual.

This seemed to work perfectly so far.

Thank you!

If you’re just trying to blank it out the behavior during Perform Mode only, then just editing /local/shortcuts works for me. I only had to change /sys/local/app_shortcuts for the editor shortcut.
Cheers

1 Like