Slider COMP Bug

Hello. I have dealt twice with a replicable bug with the slider Comp. I think somehow it forgets to react on chop exec commands when the slider operator is not in full view (looking at it in the network). I can attach an example in which I added a second panel chop inside the slider with the purpose of resetting the slider to the default value, using the interactMouse method. So when the mouse (select) is off, the slider resets to 0.
It works perfectly, until I zoom out from the slider, and zoom out again from the container containing the slider. After that, the slider doesn’t reset itself to the default value, no matter what I do or if I return to the network.

I have encountered the same behaviour with the same method in another TD project when I was using Touch OSC to control sliders. For some reason, if the network isn’t in view, the sliders stop reacting to the python code.

I’m using 2018.27910 but the bug is consistent in the experimental version as well.

Is there maybe a way to get around this for the time being? Thanks
SliderBug.tox (1.34 KB)

I’ve previously posted a solution but it wasn’t working so i deleted the post. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey,

a useful quote from the wiki page docs.derivative.ca/Cook#The_Order_of_Cooking

So nodes only cook when something is requesting their data. Watching a node with its display flag on counts as requesting data as well, so that is why the sliders cook when you watch them, and don’t cook when you don’t watch them.

A solution could be to make the slider respond to a chop channel which is always correct, so when you look at the slider again ant it cooks, it’ll always be immediately in sync with those channels.

Another more crude but also more simple approach can be an Execute DAT , which is set to execute on start of every frame, to call op('myslider').cook(force=True)

Another brute force method if its really necessary is to end your CHOP networks with a Null CHOP and turn cooking to “Always”. But be careful using this because it can cause overcooking and is generally not a great solution for optimizations your systems.