RESOLVED: textport on second monitor crashes on open

build 26750
windows 10-64
nvidia gtx 1060
driver 416.81 (latest)
if i close textport on second monitor next time i open it i get white screen and program freeze.

Where is the crash log file ? I forget , been a while.

also if I ‘open’ under ‘window placement’ in ‘designer mode’ i get similar white window crash.

Can you first try upgrading your nvidia driver (416.94 is what we tested with)?

If that doesn’t work, you can go to the windows task manager, right click on the TouchDesigner process and select ‘Save Dump File’ when it’s frozen. Zip and share the file with support@derivative.ca. Since the program is frozen, it doesn’t automatically generate a dmp file, but this will hopefully tell us what it is stuck on.

sent a dump file via emailed link.
Also notice freeze happens if performance monitor is closed on second monitor and reopened.
No other windows seem to reopen where they last were on close, so they don’t crash (i.e. they open by default on main window)
Also Window placement OPEN will only freeze if output is directed to second monitor(monitor 1).
Opens without freezing on (monitor 0)

Perform mode works normal (F1), but essentially i cant have output on second monitor and edit my network at this point(via window placement dialog).

This isn’t reproducible on our end yet. What system are you running? This reminds me of the crashes MSI and ASUS laptop users were having due to the bloatware installed on their systems. Shot in the dark but just had to ask. Looking into the crash dump, thanks for the followup.

SOLVED!

thanks I think you were right. MSI bloatware, specifically Nahimic driver, end processes and uninstall, restart. Problem seem to be solved!

thank you.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know and which driver. What is Nahimic? Audio?

yes , its some sort of gaming surround sound enhancer audio bloatware thingy on the MSI gaming laptops.