FBX can not be read well

I’m sorry.
Because English understanding is not enough, I use Google translation and convert Japanese to English.

twitter.com/asureia/status/1063621195583635456
I got a comment from the official from the above link.
When trying to read FBX file from the link, most of the files can not be read well.
Frequently “~ FBX” is attached to the FBX file, and the destination to use is mostly specified.
I think the FBX is complicated and difficult because it has various texture structures and geometry structures.

I think that the means which I can do is the following.
Manually fix FBX to be usable by TouchDesigner
I use Alembic to bake the FBX

よろしくお願いします。 :stuck_out_tongue:

Build: 2018.41570

Would you be able to send the FBX file you’re trying to import into TouchDesigner?

Yes, this is the file
Alicia_solid_Unity.FBX (13.7 MB)

Regarding the completely white model: do you have the image files on your machine? It looks like it can’t find them which is why there are no imported textures. It’s trying to load the images from “E:\admin\work\nico\mmd\SVN\workspace\Model”, does this directory exist on your machine with the required image files?

test. .
I can not post with a connection error

3d.nicovideo.jp/works/td14712
It is a zip file containing the FBX file downloaded from above.
I tried importing even with Unity, but it did not go well.
I may not fully understand FBX myself.
:neutral_face:

I attempted to post a zip file, “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET” appeared and could not be posted.
whitecats.dip.jp/up/download/1542710137/attach/
Please download from the above.
あいことば(パスワード)(password): 4693

Thanks for the link. I was able to download the assets from there.

The psd files cannot be imported into TouchDesigner as textures, those should be changed to a different format, or removed. The imported tga textures are used as alpha maps, when it seems they should instead be diffuse maps. Is this expected?

The model is solid white because of the emission parameter on the Phong MATs. These emission values are coming from the FBX file. What’s the desired behaviour, are you wanting to emit white from the model? If it’s not needed, you could re-export with the emission removed and that will solve the solid white issue.

Another thing is the additional meshes created with 0 vertices. I could maybe clean this up a bit at import, however it seems that each mesh is split into 19 separate materials. Is this expected? It might be a result of some weird behaviour with the exported textures.

There appear to be too many Import Select TOPs created in the textures folder, I’ve fixed that.

This model is not a thing I made but a thing which was planned and made by DWANGO Co., Ltd.
So, if you are asked if that behavior was expected
I do not know exactly.
However, many people including myself are not pure white models, and it seems to be expected that texture is firmly pasted.
The model is 54690 times downloaded, so I think that it is probably a trusted model to some extent.
When trying to import FBX with default setting with UnrealEngine 4, the face part was strange but texture was stuck firmly on the part of the body.
I do not have technology to analyze and modify FBX for me. . . . . . :neutral_face:
This problem seems to be difficult for me, I would like to think on another occasion. .
Thank you. :slight_smile: