Bad framerate with fullscreen

Hi,

I’m having frame rate issue when I put my composition fullscreen. It does work good when I look at it in the viewer but as soon as a good fullscreen, It gets really choppy.The videofile is 4k in h264 format.

Cards are ATI FirePro W600, TD 088 last download 31900 (Pro).
I am using a single window comp 7680 x 1080, output 4 screens on 2 W600.
Attached is the patch.

Thanks

LP
SingleMovie.toe (5.17 KB)

Update:

Moving the rendering window on single screens gets rid of the issue. Could it be related to having 2 W600 cards?

LP

Yes, its very likely that you have 2 cards. Since we don’t support GPU affinity on AMD cards and you are using a single .toe file here you aren’t gaining anything by using the 2 AMD cards and are likely suffering performance issues due to the data transfer between the cards. I’d suggest trying with a single W600 card instead.

If you are looking to do more than the 6 outputs the single W600 can do there are a few options available. One is to use DataPath X4s to split the signals going out of 3 of the outputs into 12. I’m not sure if the W600 will be able to handle such a high resolution but you’ll have to test.
AMD mentioned to be they have a new way to bind multiple GPUs together into a single large virtual output (similar to Nvidia SLI Mosaic). This has a performance impact though. I’m not sure which drivers it’s available in but that may be worth trying if it’s available.
Two instances of Touch will likely only work if we supported GPU Affinity for AMD, otherwise you have no way of controlling which instance will be using which GPU (they will likely both use the primary GPU). Also sync between the processes is another issue that arises when you add another .toe file into the mix.

I managed to get 6 outputs on 2 cards working with multiple windows comps for a moment only. Now all I get when I render is white in the secondary card when I put borders ON. Without borders, I get nothing in the displays connected to the second video card.

Are there any settings related to video card in windows I should set. What about Windows Aero, shuold it be enabled or disabled?

Thanks

LP

I would expect Aero should be enabled for this type of thing, simply because it takes over more of what goes onto the screen. What you are seeing is what I’d expect to see with 2 GPUs and OpenGL on a driver that isn’t handling it correctly. This is what the NVidia drivers did on windows XP also.