FIXED: inside channel not always reflecting the truth...

Hi,

I’ve noticed that a panel’s inside channel will not always turn off appropriately when moving
the mouse outside of the panel. I’m testing with a component viewer opened over an edit session, and when I move the mouse outside of the panel onto a network, it depends on how fast I move it out whether or not the inside channel turns off.

Since there’s no other simple indication on whether or not the mouse is inside a panel, I think this is a pretty serious bug. In fact, I wanted to use the mouse wheel when inside a specific panel, but without being able to rely on the inside channel… well… I’ll have to think of a different way.

thanks for looking into this!!
dani

Can you send a simple example?

Each time it’s incorrect, what’s the max amount of time that it’s not correct?

super simple - a component and a panel chop

right click on the component, and choose view…

if you move your mouse in and out you’ll see that often, if you do it fast enough, you’ll be
outside of the component and the inside channel will still be 1. It stays that way, often turning to 0 if you click on the Touch network editor or elsewhere, but I’ve seen it stay that way sometimes (with this file too) even after you click elsewhere.

d
Inside.toe (3.99 KB)

Yes, thanks, that’s a bug when the panel is a floating window. Will submit.

I figured it had to do with exiting out of the actual window, not moving from panel to panel. But of course if the panel network captures your input based on “inside”, you could move to another app on your desktop and not know that things are happening in Touch as you click and type in the other app. Not a good thing.

Thanks for submitting it!

Fixed in 25240 or later. Thanks for the report.